UL 985-6 Compliance features
With Connect+ firmware version 0.1.20.0 or later the following UL 985-6 features are enabled when the feature UL Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to OFF (UL Compliant) in AlulaConnect or Connect+ Installer Application.
- First access code entry during a fire alarm just silences the sirens for 2 minutes,but the alarm remains active. Second access code entry within 2 minutes (any valid code) cancels the fire alarm. In Default Behavior mode, there is no change in the procedure to cancel a fire alarm.
- Trouble beeps now sound every 10 seconds when UL Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant, otherwise trouble beeps sound every 60 seconds.
- Battery is now load tested for 5 minutes every 4 hours when UL Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant, otherwise battery is load tested every 24 hours.
- No longer allow siren to time out if we have any life safety zones in alarm and one or more of those zones have not restored. When all life safety zones have restored, the sirens will be allowed to time out normally. This is a UL985-6 requirement, and is enabled when the UL Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant.
- Change timing for Temporal 4 cadence to comply with the UL985-6 requirements. Now 100ms on, 100ms off for 4 cycles, then 5 seconds off. Previously all siren cadences used a 125msec tick and total cycle time was 4 seconds. This new cadence timing is used only for the temporal 4 cadence and only if the Default/UL Compliant Setting is set to UL compliant (OFF). Also, still play the old temporal 4 cadence, so wireless sirens will be synched every 4 cycles (22.8 seconds), since the wireless sirens will still be operating on a 4 second cycle for all cadences, including temporal 4.
- Trouble beeps are now enabled for Server Comm Fail trouble condition, but only if the Default/UL Compliant Setting is set to UL compliant (OFF).
- Declare server comm failure quicker than 30 minutes if we have events to report and are unable to set up a session with interactive server. Timing is dependent on interfaces installed and how they have failed. UL 985-6 requires X minutes or less.
- When we have a server comm failure condition and server comms are restored, we will now send a CS Comm Trouble event (350) and restoral, then the server comm trouble is cleared, only when UL Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant.
- Set CE Compliant status to be 1 to allow Helipads to enable prompting for an access code before showing system status and silencing trouble beeps. This happens only when UL_Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant.
- Set validUserCredentialRx bit in panel status for 20 seconds after a valid access code is received from a local device, Used by Helipad to allow access to status menu. This happens only when UL_Compliant / Default Behavior Setting is set to UL Compliant.