For the Universal RE508X Hardwire to Wireless Translator:
- The translator does not require resistors for normally closed zones that do not require tamper detection.
- If resistors already exists on the system they do not need to be removed. The RE508X will detect the resistance during the first 90 seconds of power up. Wire sensors to the translator before powering up. This is why there is a 90 second lock out during power up.
- Supports EOL resistance of 750 ohm to 15k ohm.
For hardwire translators RE108, RE208, RE308, and RE608:
- The Translator hardwire terminals need to see a 4.7K resistor in line with the sensor.
- These resistors are shipped with the Translator.