The RE508X Hardwire to Wireless Translator allows hardwire contacts to send wireless signal in the desired compatible protocol. This article steps a user through using the RE508X with the Connect+.
- Select mounting position and location of the Translator.
- Take wired contacts from previous panel and connect to the desired terminal on the Translator. REQUIRED: Use the 12V output on the Translator for powered zones, if any.
- Rotate the Panel Selector knob to Cryptix. The number 8 will be visible on the knob.
- Connect the 12V power supply (supplied) to the Translator. Translator has a 90 second lockout after power up. Do not change zone states (open, close) during this lock out.
- From the AlulaConnect.com or Connect+ Installer App, Add New Zone manually using the Cryptix serial number printed on the left hand side of the Translator board. The Translator does not take up a zone, this zone is the device attached to terminal 1.
- Configure the zone depending on application and device type*.
- From Connect+ Installer app use the Add New Zone on Sensor button to add the next terminal on the translator. From AlulaConnect re-enter the same Crytpix serial number. Configure and repeat as needed for as many zones that are attached to the Translator. The Zone Input Index will represent zones 1-8 with “External Contact 1-8”.
- Test zones for desired behavior.